Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by Francis Guchie <fr...@gmail.com> on 2020/08/27 19:27:55 UTC

Re: [Mifos-developer] Batch job to update Savings Account settings

Dear Joseph,

I have done something similar it was on savings monthly charges please see
my answers below

Has anyone here implemented something similar?
Any major stuff we need to look out for? -
*Look out for conflicts on the product settings what you change should be
inline with the changes on the product otherwise it might make mifos look
inaccurate*

Of course our major concern is if for example the interest rate was changed
for a Savings Account would the unposted interests earned before the
settings change be affected or not.
*Any non-posted interests in my experience will be affected on the next
interest calculation, MifosX will look at the last posting date, and
recalculate and update the " Earned interest not posted " during this
calculation, it will use the available rate (which you will have set at
that time)*

*Look out for " savings-interest-posting-current-period-end " under the
global configurations which determines when the interest is posted. "*

*Other changes like overdraft_limits and allowing overdraft might cause
issues in future so be careful if you wish to make challenges along these
lines - Reason is that during postings (charges, deposits, withdrawals etc)
mifosx runs through the entire transactions stack of that account (this was
for version 17.07.01) and if there is a conflict of conditions u will start
seeing error messages you did not see before*
if i were you i would do the following

   - *Start with accounts department and agree on the most appropriate date
   to do this in line with looking at point 2 below*
   - *Do these changes on a date after the interest has been posted just a
   day or 2 into the new posting period will make things easier *
   -

*I would test this on a non-production server and trigger the postings by
   inducing the cron job under Scheduler Jobs *

My Kind Regards

Francis Guchie Kirago
*Skype:* francisguchie
*Whatsapp: *232 79 19 44 07