Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Clement Escoffier <cl...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/01 09:12:08 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Release Felix Deployment Admin version 0.9.0, AutoConf 0.1.0, Dependency Manager 3.0.0

Hello,

Dependency Manager: +1 with comments
* No changelog
* Wrong Dependencies format:
'This software was developed at the Apache Software Foundation
(http://www.apache.org) and may have dependencies on other
Apache software licensed under Apache License 2.0.' missing

Dependency Manager Annotation: -1
* No changelog
* Missing Apace header in:
src/main/java/org/apache/felix/dm/annotation/plugin/bnd/Patterns.java
src/main/java/org/apache/felix/dm/annotation/plugin/bnd/EntryWriter.java
src/main/java/org/apache/felix/dm/annotation/plugin/bnd/EntryType.java

src/main/java/org/apache/felix/dm/annotation/plugin/bnd/EntryParam.java
* the DEPENDENCIES declares you're using json... But I didn't find any
reference on json

Dependency Manager Compat: +1 with comments
* No changelog

Dependency Manager Runtime: +1

Dependency Manager Shell: ?
* No changelog
* Wrong Dependencies format:
'This software was developed at the Apache Software Foundation
(http://www.apache.org) and may have dependencies on other
Apache software licensed under Apache License 2.0.' missing
* Is using EPL Ok ?

AutoConf: +1 with comments
* No changelog
* Wrong Dependencies format:
'This software was developed at the Apache Software Foundation
(http://www.apache.org) and may have dependencies on other
Apache software licensed under Apache License 2.0.' missing
* The KXML License is superfluous in the NOTICE file (BSD)

Deployment Admin: +1 with comments:
* No changelog
* Wrong Dependencies format:
'This software was developed at the Apache Software Foundation
(http://www.apache.org) and may have dependencies on other
Apache software licensed under Apache License 2.0.' missing

Regards,

Clement

Posted by Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl>.
Hello Clement,

Thanks for your review. Especially the missing headers are serious enough to cancel this vote and redo the release. Some comments below:

> Dependency Manager: +1 with comments
> * No changelog

Mostly I did not do this because either "everything changed" (for dependency manager, it's an incompatible update) or its a "first release".

> * Wrong Dependencies format:
> 'This software was developed at the Apache Software Foundation
> (http://www.apache.org) and may have dependencies on other
> Apache software licensed under Apache License 2.0.' missing

That's a mistake I will fix.

> Dependency Manager Annotation: -1
> * No changelog
> * Missing Apace header in:
> src/main/java/org/apache/felix/dm/annotation/plugin/bnd/Patterns.java
> src/main/java/org/apache/felix/dm/annotation/plugin/bnd/EntryWriter.java
> src/main/java/org/apache/felix/dm/annotation/plugin/bnd/EntryType.java
> src/main/java/org/apache/felix/dm/annotation/plugin/bnd/EntryParam.java

Showstopper. Will be fixed and I'll do a new release.

> * the DEPENDENCIES declares you're using json... But I didn't find any
> reference on json

There is one, in EntryWriter.java, so I'll leave that one in.

> Dependency Manager Compat: +1 with comments
> * No changelog
>
> Dependency Manager Runtime: +1
>
> Dependency Manager Shell: ?
> * No changelog
> * Wrong Dependencies format:
> 'This software was developed at the Apache Software Foundation
> (http://www.apache.org) and may have dependencies on other
> Apache software licensed under Apache License 2.0.' missing
> * Is using EPL Ok ?

See:
http://www.apache.org/legal/3party.html

It's mentioned in "category B". We're just implementing an API here, importing the package at runtime if it's available, so as far as I understand that is allowed.

> AutoConf: +1 with comments
> * No changelog
> * Wrong Dependencies format:
> 'This software was developed at the Apache Software Foundation
> (http://www.apache.org) and may have dependencies on other
> Apache software licensed under Apache License 2.0.' missing
> * The KXML License is superfluous in the NOTICE file (BSD)

Ok.