Posted to woden-dev@ws.apache.org by John Kaputin <KA...@uk.ibm.com> on 2006/08/08 16:27:03 UTC

Woden M6 Draft Plan

Having reviewed the previous M6 plan, the outstanding JIRAs and feedback to
my previous M6 post, I'd like to propose the following M6 plan. The items
with a question mark (?) are not yet assigned to anyone.

I propose this schedule:
* Friday 22nd September code cutoff
* Mon 25th Sept start voting/release mgt
* Mon 2nd October announce M6

Please review this plan and comment to woden-dev or discuss on today's
call/IRC. It's important that we agree and publish a plan that is
achievable, so we may need to reconsider the content or the date depending
on our capacity to work on Woden over the next few weeks. Remember, there
is a tentative plan for another W3C WSDL 2.0 Interop event late September
to try to wrap up the spec and stabilize the implementations, so M6 is a
good candidate for this.

Volunteer for any unassigned items if you can. The biggest risks due to the
amount of work to do are the outstanding unit tests and user/developer
documentation, so please volunteer to help with these if you can.

WODEN-8, MessageLabel should be an NCName (John)
WODEN-14, URL resolver (Graham)
WODEN-33, DescriptionElement should extend NestedElement (?)
WODEN-38, Extract full W3C Test Suite (Lawrence)
WODEN-40, Use composition instead of aggregation (Jeremy)
WODEN-44, ElementSource (John, Oshani)
WODEN-45, new ASF source header and copyright notice (?)
WODEN-47, remove ComponentExtensions subtyping (John)
WODEN-48, Use Trunk in SVN (Jeremy)
WODEN-49, Unit tests for WSDL import and include (John)
WODEN-50, Unit tests for Service and Endpoint (John)
WODEN-51, Unit tests for Description (John)
WODEN-52, Unit tests for Feature and Property (?)
WODEN-53, Unit tests for types, elemdecl, typedefn (John)
WODEN-54, Unit tests for Interface and its children (John)
WODEN-55, Unit tests for Binding and its children (John)

Implement validation logic for SOAP binding extension (Lawrence)
Unit tests for validation logic for SOAP binding extension (Lawrence)

Implement validation logic for HTTP binding extension (Lawrence)
Unit tests for validation logic for HTTP binding extension (Lawrence)

M6 User Guide on Woden website (?)
(or maybe put this on the Wiki)

Developer technical documentation on Woden Wiki (?)
(Architecture, internal design, rationale, conventions)

Add better Developer info (WODEN-46) (?)

regards,
John Kaputin

Re: Woden M6 Draft Plan

Posted by John Kaputin <KA...@uk.ibm.com>.
Based on today's Woden call:

1) it's unlikely the SOAP and HTTP validation will be done in this
timeframe due to availability and priorities (the WSDL 2.0 Test Suite).
2) if Axis2 are going to do a new release soon, we may want to do a release
of Woden to roll up the work done since M5 (e.g. StAX implementation).

regards,
John Kaputin

             John
             Kaputin/UK/IBM@IB
             MGB                                                        To
                                       woden-dev@ws.apache.org
             08/08/2006 15:27                                           cc

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         Woden M6 Draft Plan
             woden-dev@ws.apac
                  he.org