Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by piotrz <pi...@gmail.com> on 2017/03/19 18:04:07 UTC

[FlexJS,PureMVC] Building new project PureMVC demo by maven and code donation from Prashant

Hi Guys,

On users list Prashant just posted link to mini example where he is showing
that PureMVC is working with FlexJS.

I was able to build it in VSCode and wanted to create Maven build.
Unfortunately build is failing [1] and I'm not sure why. - If someone could
take a look whether my "pom" [2] is ok.

Additionally I bump into idea that his example could be really valuable -
I've asked him whether he is willing to donate it and he agreed to do this.

I think we won't have problem with his code, but what about with his
PureMVC.swc - it has been created from source of original PureMVC which
under Apache License.

My first thought was that we could download from somewhere his PureMVC
during build as we are doing it with some dependencies in our framework. - I
need some advice here.

Waiting for thoughts about idea of donation.

[1] https://paste.apache.org/6Y14
[2] https://paste.apache.org/MHS1

Thanks,
Piotr

-----
Apache Flex PMC
piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com

Re: AW: [FlexJS,PureMVC] Building new project PureMVC demo by maven and code donation from Prashant

Posted by piotrz <pi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Guys for the help with build. I was able to prepare pom for
PureMVCDemo and it's working. Maven do not disappointed me - That was my
issue I forgot put some dependencies. :)

Piotr

-----
Apache Flex PMC
piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com

AW: [FlexJS,PureMVC] Building new project PureMVC demo by maven and code donation from Prashant

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
I'll have a look at the Maven stuff as soon as I'm back on my home continent ;-)

Chris

Re: [FlexJS,PureMVC] Building new project PureMVC demo by maven and code donation from Prashant

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

>> I think we won't have problem with his code, but what about with his
>> PureMVC.swc - it has been created from source of original PureMVC which
>> under Apache License.
>
> It’s not under Apache license but BSD AFAICS [1] That’s allowed but you'll need to add info to LICENSE as per [3].

Not is assuming some purePMC code is bundled, I’m guessing that’s likely to not be the case?

Thanks,
Justin

Re: [FlexJS,PureMVC] Building new project PureMVC demo by maven and code donation from Prashant

Posted by piotrz <pi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Alex! I will proceed with Maven stuff and ask about that on PureMVC
forum. It's still active. :)

Piotr

-----

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Hi Piotr,

A FlexJS SWC has more contents than a regular Flex SWC.  The FlexJS SWC
contains transpiled JS files.  So somebody will have to use FlexJS's
workflow to build a PureMVC.swc for FlexJS.  That SWC should be backward
compatible with regular Flex projects assuming PureMVC has no dependencies
on Flex or FlexJS.

The workflow will be changing once the dual branch is merged.  It will be
possible to have a Flash Builder project build the SWC with the transpiled
JS without having to run the launch config.

But either way, I don't know of any reason why such a SWC couldn't go in a
Maven repo.

FWIW, if there is still an active community for PureMVC, there is no need
to "adopt" the code into our repos, so having PureMVC be downloaded would
be preferable, so I think you are on the right path.

HTH,
-Alex

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> I was able to build it in VSCode and wanted to create Maven build.
> Unfortunately build is failing [1] and I'm not sure why. - If someone could
> take a look whether my "pom" [2] is ok.

Looks to be the same issue as I was having with with Jenkins setup the other week.

It fixed itself the next day - perhaps try a -U?

> Additionally I bump into idea that his example could be really valuable -
> I've asked him whether he is willing to donate it and he agreed to do this.

Not required but nice if he could sign an ICLA.

> I think we won't have problem with his code, but what about with his
> PureMVC.swc - it has been created from source of original PureMVC which
> under Apache License.

It’s not under Apache license but BSD AFAICS [1] That’s allowed but you'll need to add info to LICENSE as per [3].

Just curious why did you think it was under ASL 2.0?

> My first thought was that we could download from somewhere his PureMVC
> during build as we are doing it with some dependencies in our framework

You can find it here if you were looking [2] or perhaps we could ask PureMVC to publish to maven central like they do for PurePMC java? [4]

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://github.com/PureMVC/puremvc-as3-standard-framework/blob/master/LICENSE
2. https://github.com/PureMVC/puremvc-as3-standard-framework/tree/master/bin