Posted to users@royale.apache.org by Alina Kazi <al...@gmail.com> on 2021/10/25 10:00:08 UTC

New ExternalJS project in royale-asjs\frameworks\projects

Hello,

I and Maria have developed some external js libraries.
One of them is InspireTree which we are currently working on.
I have pasted the image link below to see how functional it is:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/12hqjkeOHUt8tvO3EUCNP-g9UeFrOadke/view?usp=sharing
InspireTree is a strong JS library and we have created multiple beads to
make it as dynamic as it can be. Multiple types of trees can be created
with this InspireTree customized library and the behaviour would also be
dynamic based on the type of the tree.

I need Vote to add a library to Royale SDK containing external JS
libraries.

A new project on path royale-asjs\frameworks\projects named as some
JSExternsRoyale or JSExtern or any suitable name.
We have some ready to use external js
libraries(Royale-echarts,Virtual-Select,jsCalendar..) that we will
contribute to the SDK and others can contribute other ExternalJS ready to
use in the SDK.
This would be very useful for new users and existing users of Apache Royale.

Please Vote.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Alina Kazi

Re: New ExternalJS project in royale-asjs\frameworks\projects

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.
I’m OK with adding it to the Royale repo.

I’m not sure whether the js should be included. If yes, we need to add a mention to the LICENSE or NOTICE (I always forget which). But it probably makes more sense to get the js directly from the source especially if it’s actively maintained.

That said, I created Royale Extras https://github.com/royale-extras/about <https://github.com/royale-extras/about> with this kind of thing in mind. We can be more flexible about what goes into that organization than official Apache repos. If you want to be added to the org, I can add you.

Posted by Yishay Weiss <yi...@apache.org>.
Hi Alina,

It doesn't look like anyone objects to more js lib wrappers being added in the same structure as before, so I would go for it. We can always figure out a refactor at a later time.

Posted by Alina Kazi <al...@gmail.com>.
Hi Yishay,

Posted by Yishay Weiss <yi...@apache.org>.

Re: RE: New ExternalJS project in royale-asjs\frameworks\projects

Posted by ichsan anam <ic...@gmail.com>.
Not yet Maria.

Posted by Maria Jose Esteve <mj...@iest.com>.

Posted by ichsan anam <ic...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Maria Jose Esteve <mj...@iest.com>.
Hi Roman,
All the projects I have used them in are Jewel but I think they could be used.
Right now I don't remember if I used any Jewel wrappers, but I don't think so, I always try to use base classes.
I can't try it now, (today is Halloween and my work today will be "costumes" "candies" "spider webs" etc, etc 😝), let me know if they work for you.

Hiedra.

1. Which royale ui libraries are this components based on ? E.g jewel,  material design (mdl ) ?

2. I am using material design (mdl) for a project.  Can I use this components below with material design ?

The components I am referring to are
1. Jscalendar.
2. Royale e chart.
3. Inspire tree.