Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Bob Senkewicz <se...@optonline.net> on 2019/02/19 15:53:10 UTC

Beginner's configuration question...

Trying to set up and deploy first sites.

NetBeans 8.2, JDK 8.0.181, Tomcat 8.0, IIS 8

I know this is basic stuff but here goes...

Defined Application on web server as "myapp" (names changed to protect
the innocent). Netbeans creates a folder "Web" and places all source in
this folder. Pages are coded and I run a test. Netbeans then builds a
folder "Build" and places the built source there. I was expecting it to
place the code to run in the root of "myapp" so the server can resolve
it without further specifying the "Build" folder in my URL.

What have I missed in the application configuration to have the built /
verified application in the root folder? Or am I supposed to move it
manually? Or is there come other logistic to the configuration I have
missed?

Thanks for any guidance.

Bob Senkewicz

Re: Beginner's configuration question... drop this issue

Posted by Bob Senkewicz <se...@optonline.net>.
All,

Please drop this one from your radar. As I am learning I am finding out
just how much I don't know and how my assumptions from my previous
Windows / IIS / ASP platform experience just doesn't apply to this one.
I have been 'enlightened' and now have a grasp of how basic this
question was and understand where and how I was confused.

Bob

Posted by Bob Senkewicz <se...@optonline.net>.

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.