Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Shashi Kant <sk...@sloan.mit.edu> on 2009/05/06 12:08:20 UTC

Lucene index on iPhone

Hi all,

I am working on an iPhone application where the Lucene index needs to
reside on-device (for multiple reasons). Has anyone figured out a way
to do that?
As you might know the iPhone contains SQLite - could an index be
embedded inside SQLite? or could it be resident separately as a file?

Thanks,
Shashi

Re: Lucene index on iPhone

Posted by Danil ŢORIN <to...@gmail.com>.
iPhone doesn't support java, so there is no way to run lucene on it.

Creating a sqlite database and search inside it is compltetly
different solution,
which has nothing to do with Lucene.

RE: Lucene index on iPhone

Posted by Aditya <ad...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

You can try Clucene @ http://sourceforge.net/projects/clucene/ based on
older version of Java Lucene but should be okay.
I was able to port it to symbian and Windows Mobile with some efforts.

Best Regards,
Aditya

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.

Re: Lucene index on iPhone