Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Will Carpenter <ca...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/03 01:01:45 UTC

Issue with moving/replacing and re-ordering

Hey,
I'm trying to add a re-order option for a list of items in a CMS.  I'm
trying to use the :move method with replace set to true, and am using :order
before and :order after to indicate which direction to shift the affected
node.  I have pasted an example of one of my generated forms below:

<form action="/content/site/jcr:content/herobanners/spread_tv" method="POST"
enctype="multipart/form-data">
                                    <input type="hidden" name=":operation"
value="move" />
                                    <input type="hidden" name=":dest"
value="./" />
                                    <input type="hidden" name=":replace"
value="true"/>
                                    <input type="hidden" name=":order"
value="before /content/site/jcr:content/herobanners/comedy_roadtrip" />
                                    <input type="hidden" name=":redirect"
value="/content/site.html"/>
                                    <input type="submit" value="Up"/>
                                </form>

I have attached a screenshot of the error I get when I try to hit the "Up"
form shown above.  Although it says that it can't find the path, the path
does in fact exist.  Any ideas?

Thanks!
-Will

--
willcarpenterdesign.com

Re: Issue with moving/replacing and re-ordering

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Will,

Will Carpenter schrieb:
> Hey,
> I'm trying to add a re-order option for a list of items in a CMS.  I'm
> trying to use the :move method with replace set to true, and am using
> :order before and :order after to indicate which direction to shift the
> affected node.  I have pasted an example of one of my generated forms below:
>
> <form action="/content/site/jcr:content/herobanners/spread_tv"
> method="POST" enctype="multipart/form-data">
>                                     <input type="hidden"
> name=":operation" value="move" />
>                                     <input type="hidden" name=":dest"
> value="./" />
>                                     <input type="hidden" name=":replace"
> value="true"/>
>                                     <input type="hidden" name=":order"
> value="before /content/site/jcr:content/herobanners/comedy_roadtrip" />
>                                     <input type="hidden"
> name=":redirect" value="/content/site.html"/>
>                                     <input type="submit" value="Up"/>
>                                 </form>
>
> I have attached a screenshot of the error I get when I try to hit the
> "Up" form shown above.  Although it says that it can't find the path,
> the path does in fact exist.  Any ideas?

Unfortunately, the screen shot didn't make it to the list.

Yet, here are some hints: Instead of using a move operation, you may use
the default (modify operation) and the argument to the "before" command
is a simple name.

So to order the /content/site/jcr:content/herobanners/spread_tv before
comedy_roadtrip, you may do as simple as:

    <form action="/content/site/jcr:content/herobanners/spread_tv"
          method="POST" enctype="multipart/form-data">
      <input type="hidden" name=":order"
             value="before comedy_roadtrip" />
      <input type="hidden" name=":redirect"
             value="/content/site.html"/>
      <input type="submit" value="Up"/>
    </form>

or in curl-speak:

  $ curl "-F:order=before comedy_roadtrip" \
        http://host/content/site/jcr:content/herobanners/spread_tv

Both call the modify operation, without actually modifying anything,
except for moving the spread_tv above comedy_roadtrip

Hope this helps.

Regards
Felix