Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by Abdelhamid Meddeb <ab...@meddeb.net> on 2015/08/29 10:16:22 UTC

TomEE in production, feedback request

Hi guys,

I appreciate so much the TomEE concept. I have done some works that
target it. But I have never faced its use in a real environment into
production with intensive use.

I am looking for any feedback about this.

Thanks in advance.

--
*Abdelhamid Meddeb*
http://www.meddeb.net

Re: TomEE in production, feedback request

Posted by Steve Goldsmith <sg...@gmail.com>.
I have two TomEE deploys in production. I wanted to target Java EE 7/Java
8, so one is deployed using 2.0.0 and one using 7.0.0. The first platform
logs events from mobile/desktop clients and handles about 2 million
transactions a day. It runs behind an A10 load balancer with 4 nodes. I use
distributed caching to store the session GUIDs, so there's only database
writes, no reads. The second app acts like a service bus to other SOAP and
REST services. Again, using caching here to speed up expensive calls.

The main difference between plain Tomcat and TomEE is configuration of the
OpenEJB stuff. I use MDBs heavily and the default is 10 MDBs (I think). I
had to increase that to 100 in the system.properties. The folks  on the
list here are very helpful. The only other advice I'd give you is to load
test your app like you would any other app. You’ll see quickly where you
need to tune the default configuration.

--
Steven P. Goldsmith