Posted to users@trafficserver.apache.org by Mav Peri <ma...@optasports.com> on 2011/09/15 09:30:33 UTC

random string in uri

Hi guys,

I know it's possible via regex to exclude certain parts of the uri to
help with caching but I am not quite clear how to do this.

My scenario is

http://mydomain.com/blah/blah/blah?var1=somevar&var2=somevar&_=randomnum
ber&var4=somevar

How can I exclude the

&_=randomnumber

So that the urls are cached despite of this random string?

As always appreciate your help

Mav

Re: random string in uri

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.
On 09/15/2011 01:30 AM, Mav Peri wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I know it's possible via regex to exclude certain parts of the uri to
> help with caching but I am not quite clear how to do this.
>
> My scenario is
>
> http://mydomain.com/blah/blah/blah?var1=somevar&var2=somevar&_=randomnumber&var4=somevar
>
> How can I exclude the
>
> &_=randomnumber
>
> So that the urls are cached despite of this random string?
>
> As always appreciate your help

Someone wrote a plugin that can do this I think, take a look at:

     http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/trafficserver/plugins/cacheurl/

-- Leif