Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Christina <le...@hotmail.com> on 2004/06/09 15:09:50 UTC

delay caused by jetty's database configuration when start cocoon servlet

I am using  cocoon 2.1.4 with its inbuilt jetty
every time I start cocoon by "cocoon servlet"
there is extra delay caused by jetty's database configuration, it says there is not some kind of configuration so it make some directory every time!!.
I tried to find out how to fix the delay, but there is little documentation about it even in jetty's website.
Would anybody please throw my a light on how to fix it?
Thanks!!

06:04:05.831 EVENT  Starting Jetty/4.2.14
06:04:17.368 EVENT  Started WebApplicationContext[/,.\build\webapp]
- No configuration file specified, going with the default configuration
- The database configuration file is not specified and there was no xindice.db.h
ome property set, so Xindice was unable to determine a database location. Databa
se will be created relative to the current directory.
- Database points to D:\cocoon\cocoon-2.1.4\db
- No configuration file specified, going with the default configuration
- The database configuration file is not specified and there was no xindice.db.h
ome property set, so Xindice was unable to determine a database location. Databa
se will be created relative to the current directory.
server.properties not found, using command line or default properties
Opening database: D:\cocoon\cocoon-2.1.4\build\webapp\WEB-INF\db\cocoondb
HSQLDB server 1.7.1 is running

Re: delay caused by jetty's database configuration when start cocoon servlet

Posted by Leszek Gawron <lg...@mobilebox.pl>.
Christina wrote:

> I am using  cocoon 2.1.4 with its inbuilt jetty
> every time I start cocoon by "cocoon servlet"
> there is extra delay caused by jetty's database configuration, it says
> there is not some kind of configuration so it make some directory every
> time!!.
> I tried to find out how to fix the delay, but there is little
> documentation about it even in jetty's website.
> Would anybody please throw my a light on how to fix it?
> Thanks!!
>

> 06:04:05.831 EVENT  Starting Jetty/4.2.14
> 06:04:17.368 EVENT  Started WebApplicationContext[/,.\build\webapp]
> - No configuration file specified, going with the default configuration
> - The database configuration file is not specified and there was no
> xindice.db.h
> ome property set, so Xindice was unable to determine a database
> location. Databa
> se will be created relative to the current directory.
> - Database points to D:\cocoon\cocoon-2.1.4\db
> - No configuration file specified, going with the default configuration
> - The database configuration file is not specified and there was no
> xindice.db.h
> ome property set, so Xindice was unable to determine a database
> location. Databa
> se will be created relative to the current directory.
> server.properties not found, using command line or default properties
> Opening database: D:\cocoon\cocoon-2.1.4\build\webapp\WEB-INF\db\cocoondb
> HSQLDB server 1.7.1 is running

This is not jetty database but XIndice and HSQLDB
exclude appropriate blocks in cocoon build and you'll get faster startup
times (I assume you do not need them)
	LG