Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by "Pugh, Eric" <EP...@MuseumCompany.com> on 2001/11/14 21:37:41 UTC

How do I get the absolute file to something in the Resources dire ctory?

Hi all,

I want to store some configuration information and temp data about my
application in some XML files..  I was going to put them in
\webapps\myapp\Resources\tmp\*.xml

However, I can't figure out how, from inside turbine, to get that path?  I
thought I could use the contentURI object to tell me, but it gives me a
website relative url, not a filesystem url..

The reason I don't want to use the TurbineResourcesService to store my data
is that some of it is application specific data, and some may be very
changable.

Any ideas?

Eric

RE: How do I get the absolute file to something in the Resources directory?

Posted by Nick Pomfret <ni...@pixelpark.com>.
I want to store some configuration information and temp data about my
application in some XML files..  I was going to put them in
\webapps\myapp\Resources\tmp\*.xml

However, I can't figure out how, from inside turbine, to get that path?  I
thought I could use the contentURI object to tell me, but it gives me a
website relative url, not a filesystem url..

The reason I don't want to use the TurbineResourcesService to store my data
is that some of it is application specific data, and some may be very
changable.

Any ideas?

Eric

For additional commands, e-mail: