Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Michael Pakter <mp...@yahoo.com> on 2006/08/24 03:34:33 UTC

Custom Properties...Anyone...Anyone...

Hello everyone,

     I can't seem to find a good way/any way to create a custom property  when generating an xls file using POI version 2.5.1, nor can I find up-to-date docs on the subject. Can anyone help me?? Pleaassee...

  thank you

  Mike

Re: Custom Properties...Anyone...Anyone...

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@torchbox.com>.
On Wed, 23 Aug 2006, Michael Pakter wrote:
> I can't seem to find a good way/any way to create a custom property when
> generating an xls file using POI version 2.5.1

I don't use custom properties, but I do know that lots of the properties
stuff (hpsf) has been updated since 2.5.1 came out. You will probably have
more luck with 3.0 alpha 2.

> nor can I find up-to-date docs on the subject.

The three obvious places to look are:
* The hpsf howto page:
    http://jakarta.apache.org/poi/hpsf/how-to.html
* The latest JavaDocs on hpsf:
    http://jakarta.apache.org/poi/apidocs/org/apache/poi/hpsf/package-summary.html
* The hpsf unit tests, especially write related ones:
    http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/poi/trunk/src/testcases/org/apache/poi/hpsf/

Nick