Posted to dev@thrift.apache.org by Jens Geyer <je...@hotmail.com> on 2018/05/07 08:27:02 UTC

AW: Pure async thrift with boost asio

Hi,

sounds great to me, but there are some people around with way more C++ knowledge than I have .. forwarding to dev mailing list

Good idea, IMHO. Let's discuss this!

JensG

Sent from mobile device, please ignore spelling mistakes.
      I'm considering implement a pure async rpc service in c++. In current thrift implementation, server io is multiplexed properly, however, in service handler, if I call a rpc out or send a redis request, I have to wait responses synchronizely. If all network io would be async, it will be fantastic.

     Do you think it make sense to do such a job? Any suggestions?

Re: Pure async thrift with boost asio

Posted by "James E. King, III" <jk...@apache.org>.
Would recommend using boost::asio for this.  I was considering doing this
myself at one point.