Posted to dev@reef.apache.org by Scott Inglis <ms...@gmail.com> on 2017/09/08 16:21:10 UTC

.Net Core 2.0 Release

Hello REEF devs,

There are a few things that have changed recently that I wanted to call out
regarding .Net Core 2.0:

- .Net Core 2.0 officially released and is available for production
scenarios, announcement located here:
https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/dotnet/2017/08/14/announcing-net-core-2-0/

- .Net Core 2.0 support is included in the official release of VS2017
(version 15.3). Therefore you can use the production version of VS (not the
preview) to build the REEF DotNet projects instead of having to use the
command line.

With the release of .Net Core 2.0, my plan is to officially target .Net
Core 2.0 when building REEF DotNet projects.

I will also create a JIRA to update the build documentation.