Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Lance Java <la...@googlemail.com> on 2012/11/24 12:46:47 UTC

Use the power of tapestry components to generate PDFs

Hi Tapestry Users,

I've just written a component that integrates the power of tapestry
component templates with apache FOP to generate PDFs. This opens up the
possibilities of creating reusable PDF component libraries such as a PDFGrid
etc.

Usage:

I'm looking for a home for this component so if any of the existing t5
component library authors would like to include this component, let me know.

If you're not familiar with FOP, the normal way to generate PDFs is to
convert your object model to XML and then pass the XML through an XSLT
template to create FO. This eliminates the need to generate XML and also
avoids XSLT which I personally find very verbose and difficult to maintain.

Apache FOP:
http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/

PDF Demo:
https://github.com/uklance/tapestry-stitch-demo/blob/master/src/main/java/org/lazan/t5/stitch/demo/pages/PDFDemo.java