Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Sebastien Tardif <Se...@gmo.com> on 2014/03/25 04:57:18 UTC

Is it possible to have unpackWAR not unpacking anything, even in work folder?

I was glad to discover that an option called  unpackWAR exists, because my War has thousands of files and my configuration use a slow share drive, and so that's taking a very long time to unpack... but when I use the option it still  unpack but in a more hidden place, called the "work' folder.

Is it possible to have unpackWAR really not unpacking?

Re: Is it possible to have unpackWAR not unpacking anything, even in work folder?

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 25/03/2014 14:37, Sebastien Tardif wrote:
> I'm using Tomcat 7.0.52, with the following configuration: <Context
> antiJARLocking="false" antiResourceLocking="false"
> unpackWAR="false">
>
> Do we know if we "ever" had a version of Tomcat that really don't
> extract anything from the war when we have unpackWAR="false">?
>
> I'm asking to make sure I'm not trying to reach something that
> doesn't exist.

Prior to Tomcat 8, I don't believe so. I'd suggest testing with Tomcat
8. Tomcat 8.0.3 is available from the download page or if you want to
help development and provide feedback for the 8.0.5 release which is
currently being voted on, you can get the release candidate (i.e. this
is NOT an official release) for 8.0.5 from
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-8/v8.0.5/

Mark

RE: Is it possible to have unpackWAR not unpacking anything, even in work folder?

On 25/03/2014 03:57, Sebastien Tardif wrote:
> I was glad to discover that an option called  unpackWAR exists, because my War has thousands of files and my configuration use a slow share drive, and so that's taking a very long time to unpack... but when I use the option it still  unpack but in a more hidden place, called the "work' folder.
>
> Is it possible to have unpackWAR really not unpacking?

Tomcat version? Context configuration settings?

Mark

Re: Is it possible to have unpackWAR not unpacking anything, even in work folder?

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.