Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Prabhu Joseph <pr...@gmail.com> on 2022/05/23 10:36:14 UTC

StreamGraph vs JobGraph vs ExecutionGraph

Hi, Could someone give an idea of what these graphs - StreamGraph, JobGraph
and ExecutionGraph are and their differences.

Thanks, Prabhu Joseph

Re: StreamGraph vs JobGraph vs ExecutionGraph

Posted by Prabhu Joseph <pr...@gmail.com>.
Great, thanks for the details.

Posted by Sriram Ganesh <sr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Prabhu,

Posted by Chesnay Schepler <ch...@apache.org>.
They are all different representations of a job.

StreamGraph is the representation made by DataStream API, which gets
converted into the JobGraph (which is API-agnositic), that is submitted
to Flink. From the JobGraph we then create an ExecutionGraph, which is
the runtime representation of a job.