Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Will <wm...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/19 05:31:27 UTC

Congratulations

Ya'll have moved from a public forum on google (a company whose
reputation waxes and wanes in the communities served) to apache!

Of course apache is a closed community, now ain't it? /Meritocracy/ is
in part achieved by adopting a certain measure of say, "canonical"
diplomacy in expression after all.

So. Let's add somthing to the apache community of developers, what do
you say?

My suggestion is that we _begin by authenticating all algorithm and
feature sources and references_. In the vein of exposing the strength or
weaknesses of the ... underlying computer science. That's right. I don't
understand the "apparent" disdain for research and case studies in
putting forth suggestions.

Kafka could begin to bridge the ethereal nature of ASF projects and
beginning a renewal of the importance of all colleagues in approaching
our work as a methodological venture (scientific, engineering ...)

To paraphrase peter drucker: innovation is the result of hard work. stop
pretending it all happened in your own data center folks.

last <rant/> (yeah i didn't tell you i was starting one. sorry this
time)  on to more technical work than acknowledging those before us.