Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org> on 2001/07/06 22:29:19 UTC

Re: OK - I think I found a bug in ActionServlet - Actions that redirect to Actions - no can do

I've used redirect with a full URL to switch between SSL and a
conventional connection, so it may be a Weblogic issue.

Can you come up with a quick WAR that demonstrates the issue that we can
try under different containers?

Posted by Jonathan <ja...@i-2000.com>.
Ok, its not a bug, but may be a potential implementation
clarification/development consideration.
If I submit a form
    action="/login.do"
the Action triggered must exactly match "/login.do" and not partial match.
That is,
    action="/signup/login.do"
will not match.  Now this may or may not be the desired behavior.  You may
in fact want
any url that ends in "/login.do" to trigger the specific Action, or you may
not.  It seems that Struts is handling
the exact match case correctly, so it is not a bug.  However, it was not
clear to me that the Action
needed an exact match of the full path.  In fact, our ActionServlet is
triggered on ANY url that ends in ".do". and
configurable to be triggered on a more specific path.