Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org> on 2017/04/05 20:27:59 UTC

Re: Apache Ignite 2.0 Release

Igniters,

What’s the overall status of 2.0 release? I see that many tickets related to the page memory [1] are still in the open state and, looks like, this new memory architecture has not been fully merged yet. In addition, a new version of H2 has to be released prior to 2.0.

All this threatens the release schedule we agreed on. According to the plan the next week is a week of code freeze:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/Apache+Ignite+2.0#ApacheIgnite2.0-Releasephases <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/Apache+Ignite+2.0#ApacheIgnite2.0-Releasephases>

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-3477 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-3477>

—
Denis

Re: Apache Ignite 2.0 Release

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Yes, I think they have to be released as well. Igniters, who can take over these tasks and make them done by the code freeze?

—
Denis

Re: Apache Ignite 2.0 Release

Posted by Vladimir Ozerov <vo...@gridgain.com>.
CREATE/DROP INDEX feature [1] has been merged to release branch.

Re: Apache Ignite 2.0 Release

Posted by Vladimir Ozerov <vo...@gridgain.com>.
Igniters,

Looks like all tickets for AI 2.0 are merged. I am going to start vote in
the nearest time.

On Wed, Apr 26, 2017 at 2:27 PM, Alexey Goncharuk <

Re: Apache Ignite 2.0 Release

Posted by Alexey Goncharuk <al...@gmail.com>.
Roman,

Re: Apache Ignite 2.0 Release

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Alex G.,

Re: Apache Ignite 2.0 Release

Posted by Roman Shtykh <rs...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.

Re: Apache Ignite 2.0 Release

Posted by Vladimir Ozerov <vo...@gridgain.com>.
Igniters,

Re: Apache Ignite 2.0 Release

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Guys,

Re: Apache Ignite 2.0 Release

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Roman,

Re: Apache Ignite 2.0 Release

Posted by Roman Shtykh <rs...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Alexey,

Re: Apache Ignite 2.0 Release

Posted by Alexey Goncharuk <al...@gmail.com>.
Roman,

Re: Apache Ignite 2.0 Release

Posted by Roman Shtykh <rs...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Hi Alexey,

Re: Apache Ignite 2.0 Release

Posted by Alexey Goncharuk <al...@gmail.com>.
Hi Roman,

Re: Apache Ignite 2.0 Release

Posted by Vladimir Ozerov <vo...@gridgain.com>.
Denis,

As usual: merge to release branch at the very least. You can merge
ignite-2.0 -> master immediately then if you want, but it is not necessary.
ignite-2.0 will be merged to master eventually anyway.

Re: Apache Ignite 2.0 Release

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Vovan,

Re: Apache Ignite 2.0 Release

Posted by Vladimir Ozerov <vo...@gridgain.com>.
Folks,

Re: Apache Ignite 2.0 Release

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.

Re: Apache Ignite 2.0 Release

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Spring Data integration caught up the train and will be released in 2.0:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-1192 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-1192>

—

Re: Apache Ignite 2.0 Release

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@gridgain.com>.

Re: Apache Ignite 2.0 Release

Posted by Valentin Kulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
Guys,

Re: Apache Ignite 2.0 Release

Posted by Alexander Paschenko <al...@gmail.com>.

Re: Apache Ignite 2.0 Release

Posted by Sergi Vladykin <se...@gmail.com>.

Re: Apache Ignite 2.0 Release

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.
Alexey g,

Thanks for the update.

If IGNITE-4534 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-4534> and
IGNITE-4535 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-4535> are close
to being merged to master, how come they are not in PATCH AVAILABLE status?

Also, what is the status of IGNITE-4337
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-4337> - Introduce persistence
interface to allow build reliable persistence plugins?

D.

On Fri, Apr 7, 2017 at 9:36 AM, Alexey Goncharuk <alexey.goncharuk@gmail.com

Re: Apache Ignite 2.0 Release

Posted by Alexey Goncharuk <al...@gmail.com>.
Folks,

Re: Apache Ignite 2.0 Release

Re: Apache Ignite 2.0 Release

Posted by Pavel Tupitsyn <pt...@apache.org>.
I have went through my issues and moved most of them to 2.1.

However, the following looks very important: https://issues.apache.org/
jira/browse/IGNITE-4354 DML: BinaryObjectBuilder does not sort fields in
some cases

Alexander Paschenko, I think you have worked on field sorting, can you have
a look?

Re: Apache Ignite 2.0 Release

Posted by Vladimir Ozerov <vo...@gridgain.com>.

Re: Apache Ignite 2.0 Release

Posted by Vladimir Ozerov <vo...@gridgain.com>.

Re: Apache Ignite 2.0 Release

Posted by Vladimir Ozerov <vo...@gridgain.com>.
Folks,

Re: Apache Ignite 2.0 Release

Posted by Вадим Опольский <va...@gmail.com>.
Hello community!

Re: Apache Ignite 2.0 Release

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.

Re: Apache Ignite 2.0 Release

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.
Guys,

Re: Apache Ignite 2.0 Release

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Dmitriy,

You can find all the required tickets with contributors assigned here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/Apache+Ignite+2.0#ApacheIgnite2.0-Requiredtickets <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/Apache+Ignite+2.0#ApacheIgnite2.0-Requiredtickets>

Re: Apache Ignite 2.0 Release

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.
Denis,