Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by jo...@thomsonreuters.com on 2010/08/02 20:06:13 UTC

Caching of static content

Can someone point me to the documentation on how to handle caching of
static content? Images and static HTML documents are all being returned
without cach-control response headers but I am unsure how to set these
values. Thus the files are being retrieved each and every time.

Also, how to handle the situation when you want a javascript file to be
cached but after a release you need the file to be refreshed on the
client.

As you can tell I have been out of touch with web development for a
while.

Thanks in advance!

RE: Caching of static content

Posted by jo...@thomsonreuters.com.
Uh..thanks..it was not a good day when I asked this question. My apologies :)

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.