Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Łukasz Gajowy <lu...@gmail.com> on 2018/05/30 12:25:22 UTC

Performance testing documentation - suggestions request

Hi,

the Performance Testing Framework is an ongoing effort for some time now.
As I noticed (and received signals from the community) it is getting more
popular (this is good) but besides changing commands from mvn to gradle
ones, it was not updated for a very long time (this is not good at all!).
It's about time to document it properly. I created a JIRA for this[1].

Before we resolve the JIRA, I thought it would be good to ask you about
biggest pain points in the current documentation[2] (or in the Performance
Testing Framework itself) - what do you find the most lacking? Maybe there
are some sections you'd like to add (eg. "Future plans of development)?
Such feedback would be very helpful in providing fine-tuned documentation
so it is much appreciated. Feel free to comment here or in the comments
section of the ticket. Thanks in advance!

[1]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEAM-4430
[2]:
https://beam.apache.org/documentation/io/testing/#i-o-transform-integration-tests

Best regards,
Łukasz

Re: Performance testing documentation - suggestions request

Posted by Łukasz Gajowy <lu...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

just a quick FYI: improved documentation was merged to the Beam's site.

Thanks to everyone involved!

Thanks,
Łukasz