Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/16 03:16:06 UTC

Struts 2 core dependency on struts-annotations

Why is the dependency on struts-annotations in struts2-core locked to
a particular snapshot?

        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.struts</groupId>
            <artifactId>struts-annotations</artifactId>
            <version>1.0.3-20080123.123514-2</version>
            <optional>true</optional>
        </dependency>

This prevents using a locally-built snapshot of struts-annotations.

Any objections to changing it to 1.0.3-SNAPSHOT?

--
Wendy

Re: Struts 2 core dependency on struts-annotations

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On Feb 16, 2008 9:47 AM, James Mitchell <jm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ya, we probably should not be doing this.  If we need a newer version,
> it should at least be available on the snapshot repo.

It's in both struts2-core and the portlet plugin that way.  Don's
going to have to release struts-annotations to do the 2.1.1 release,
so it probably doesn't matter much at this point.

Posted by James Mitchell <jm...@gmail.com>.

On Feb 15, 2008 9:16 PM, Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Why is the dependency on struts-annotations in struts2-core locked to
> a particular snapshot?
>
>         <dependency>
>             <groupId>org.apache.struts</groupId>
>             <artifactId>struts-annotations</artifactId>
>             <version>1.0.3-20080123.123514-2</version>
>             <optional>true</optional>
>         </dependency>
>
> This prevents using a locally-built snapshot of struts-annotations.
>
> Any objections to changing it to 1.0.3-SNAPSHOT?
>
> --
> Wendy

James Mitchell