Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Andrew Lamb <al...@influxdata.com> on 2021/01/19 13:58:13 UTC

Is it ok to merge PRs to apache/master now given the 3.0.0 release?

There are 40 PRs outstanding for Rust at the moment (though not all are
ready to merge):
https://github.com/apache/arrow/pulls?q=is%3Apr+is%3Aopen+label%3Alang-rust

Should we continue to wait to merge these PRs until the 3.0.0 release is
approved?

I have been assuming that holding off merging these PRs is the right thing
to do to minimize churn on master but the increasing backlog has me
worried.

Thank you,
Andrew

Re: Is it ok to merge PRs to apache/master now given the 3.0.0 release?

Posted by Andrew Lamb <al...@influxdata.com>.
Ok -- thank you (on both accounts)

Andrew

Posted by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com>.