Posted to user@hama.apache.org by Praveen Sripati <pr...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/26 17:55:12 UTC

Pros of Hama over Giraph over Graph Processing

What advantages does Hama offer over Giraph for graph processing?

After watching the following video (http://vimeo.com/40737998) both Hama
and Giraph seems to have somewhat similar API approach for graph
processing. Both of them extend/implement a vertex class and implement the
compute method.

We can may be covert this discussion into a Wiki.

Thanks,
Praveen

Re: Pros of Hama over Giraph over Graph Processing

Posted by Praveen Sripati <pr...@gmail.com>.
Suraj,

Outside review would be unbiased and that is one of the option. But,
instead of waiting for a good outside samaritan who is interested in
Hama/Giraph/Mahout and others to do an unbiased review, it would good to
get started with something. Also, not sure if someone from outside would do
it without any $.

Praveen

Posted by Suraj Menon <su...@apache.org>.

Posted by Billy Newport <bi...@billynewport.com>.