Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Art Welch <ar...@EASTPOINT.COM> on 2002/01/16 23:27:38 UTC

RE: advice please. fop or xslt / extensions for wrapped TEXT and/ or MIF output?

If you do not need to match an output format like PDF/PS/PCL/etc then I
would recommend using XSLT to transform the XML into text. This will be much
faster and more precise. The FOP text renderer can be very difficult to work
with to get acceptable output - it can work, but it is not easy to get
there.

To do XSLT you just end up doing a lot of padding, but at least you
generally get what you ask for. With the FOP text renderer you may get extra
spaces or overlapping text depending on how things are set up.

Art