Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Liu Yan <gz...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/23 07:31:03 UTC

HBase Write Failure

hi,
When we run the java client to add data to hbase,
from the beginnng we can add the data to hbase. But running for some times,
when the client tries to add a record to hbase, it shows the exception:

org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RetriesExhaustedException: Trying to contact
re
gion server Some server for region , row '176207513941646000', but failed
after
11 attempts.
Exceptions:
java.io.IOException: HRegionInfo was null or empty in .META.
java.io.IOException: HRegionInfo was null or empty in .META.
java.io.IOException: HRegionInfo was null or empty in .META.
java.io.IOException: HRegionInfo was null or empty in .META.
java.io.IOException: HRegionInfo was null or empty in .META.
java.io.IOException: HRegionInfo was null or empty in .META.
java.io.IOException: HRegionInfo was null or empty in .META.
java.io.IOException: HRegionInfo was null or empty in .META.
java.io.IOException: HRegionInfo was null or empty in .META.
java.io.IOException: HRegionInfo was null or empty in .META.

        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$TableServers.getReg
ionLocationForRowWithRetries(HConnectionManager.java:900)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$TableServers.proces
sBatchOfRows(HConnectionManager.java:915)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTable.flushCommits(HTable.java:1372)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTable.commit(HTable.java:1316)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTable.commit(HTable.java:1296)

Could anybody help me out of this?

Regards,
Yan

Re: HBase Write Failure

Posted by Liu Yan <gz...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for your. We have 4 Fedora boxes running this Hadoop 0.19.0 and
HBase, they are all EC2 boxes.

We tried to do this on them:

append "- - nofile 32768"to /etc/security/limits.conf
append "fs.file-max=200000" to /etc/sysctl.conf

run "sysctl -p" to apply changes. We restarted HBase and Hadoop after
applying this.

But it again ran to the same error after 4 hours or so.

Regards,
Yan

Re: HBase Write Failure

Posted by Liu Yan <gz...@gmail.com>.
We are trying to increase the max-file setting, and will post you the
results.

Thanks,

Re: HBase Write Failure

Posted by Amandeep Khurana <am...@gmail.com>.

Re: HBase Write Failure

Posted by Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@apache.org>.
Liu,

What's your cluster hardware like and how many machines?

What's your HBase configuration?

Which version of HBase?

Did you meet the requirements stated here
http://hadoop.apache.org/hbase/docs/r0.19.0/api/overview-summary.html#overview_description?

Have you look in your region servers logs and data node logs and do you see
errors stated in the Troubleshooting page of the wiki? (
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hbase/Troubleshooting)

Thanks!

J-D