Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Alex Colic <Al...@pop-ware.com> on 2002/02/12 22:58:13 UTC

A good database pool?

Hi,

I have a couple of struts apps that use a lot of database connections. I
have been moving them over to use a connection pool manager. I have found a
couple of free ones e.g.. Poolman, jdbcpool but neither are being supported.

Can someone suggest another database pool manger. I don't care if I have to
pay for it I just want to make sure that it works and that there will be
continued development on it.

Thanks

Alex

Re: A good database pool?

Posted by Sid Stuart <si...@aynot.com>.
Hi Alex,

You don't mention which app server you are using. Have you checked to see whether
it has a connection pool manager? All that I have looked at do.

Sid

RE: A good database pool?

Posted by Alex Colic <Al...@pop-ware.com>.
Hi,

is this part of the expresso package. IE do I download the whole expresso
package or is this a separate add on that can be used without expresso. I
went to the site and all I can find is the whole package.

Thanks

Alex

is supported. Btw it is also open source.

RE: A good database pool?

Posted by Sandra Cann <fl...@prodigy.net>.