Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by tcUser <je...@yahoo.com> on 2006/05/17 07:10:22 UTC

Max. Concurrent User for Tomcat

Hi,

does anyone know what is the max. number of concurrent users for Tomcat?
I have been searching for this information but can't really find an exact
answer. Can anyone help?

Thanks.
Sent from the Tomcat - User forum at Nabble.com.

Re: Max. Concurrent User for Tomcat

Posted by Rajeev Jha <jh...@gmail.com>.
Answer is : it depends.

1) Depends on the kind of settings you have in your configuration file.
some limits would be compiled-in and some limits may not be honored
because of
2) Depends on the kind of OS/kernel you are running. e.g, you can say
run unlimited threads in config file, but the OS may only support so many
3) Depends on the kind of hardware you have.
And also
4) depends on the kind of OS/shell specific settings you have.
And then it
5) depends on the application usability and application as such. some
application could be a simple one page state-less form and one
application could be doing lot of heavy-duty data processing/storage.

- Rajeev Jha