Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Johannes Schwenk <jo...@adition.com> on 2012/06/04 16:36:41 UTC

TestHBaseStorage fails with timeout

Hi all,

I'm using the 0.10.0 release.

I get a failure of the above test due to a timeout after about one hour:

Testsuite: org.apache.pig.test.TestHBaseStorage
Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Time elapsed: 0 sec

Testcase: BeforeFirstTest took 0,002 sec
   Caused an ERROR
Timeout occurred. Please note the time in the report does not reflect
the time until the timeout.
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: Timeout occurred. Please note the
time in the report does not reflect the time until the timeout.

Timeout ist set to

<property name="test.timeout" value="3600000" />

This is msecs right?

I am wondering if

http://tinyurl.com/6nbm2yd

has to do something with this? Because I get

Testcase: testReducerNumEstimation took 601,938 sec
   Caused an ERROR
Unable to find region for  after 10 tries.
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.NoServerForRegionException: Unable to
find region for  after 10 tries.
   at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation.locateRegionInMeta(HConnectionManager.java:677)
   at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation.locateRegion(HConnectionManager.java:586)
   at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation.locateRegion(HConnectionManager.java:555)
   at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTable.<init>(HTable.java:171)
   at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HBaseTestingUtility.startMiniHBaseCluster(HBaseTestingUtility.java:369)
   at
org.apache.pig.test.TestJobSubmission.testReducerNumEstimation(TestJobSubmission.java:542)

from running TestJobSubmission.

Any ideas?

Johannes Schwenk

--
Softwareentwickler (Reporting)

ADITION technologies AG
Schwarzwaldstraße 78b
79117 Freiburg

http://www.adition.com

T +49 / (0)761 / 88147 - 30
F +49 / (0)761 / 88147 - 77
SUPPORT +49  / (0)1805 - ADITION

(Festnetzpreis 14 ct/min; Mobilfunkpreise maximal 42 ct/min)

Eingetragen beim Amtsgericht Düsseldorf unter HRB 54076
Vorstände: Andreas Kleiser, Jörg Klekamp, Tihomir Perkovic, Marcus Schlüter
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Rechtsanwalt Daniel Raimer
UStIDNr.: DE 218 858 434

Re: TestHBaseStorage fails with timeout

Posted by Dmitriy Ryaboy <dv...@gmail.com>.
Which hadoop are you testing against? Most of the ticket you linked to
concerns Hadoop 0.23. Hadoop 0.20 is still the default.
Anything going on with your environment / classpath? Any hadoop, pig,
hbase env variables? Other mini hbase clusters that might have been
running at the same time?