Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Alexander Broekhuis <a....@gmail.com> on 2020/08/19 18:23:06 UTC

Dependency plugin unpack plugin dependencies

Hi all,

I currently have a setup in which I have some custom artifacts that I use
as dependencies and unpack using unpack-dependencies.
This all works great, but now I also have a custom plugin which needs one
of the custom artifacts as dependency. I don't see those dependencies being
unpacked.  Is this correct, or am I doing something wrong?

I know I can add the dependency as "regular" dependency as workaround, but
I'd like to be able to define the plugin in a parent's pluginManagement
with it's dependencies so that dependant project can enable the plugin when
needed without having to define the dependency, or always have it being
unpacked even if not needed.

Basically my pom looks like this (meta):

// Those are unpacked as expected
<dependencies>
<dependency></dependency>
</dependencies>