Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Julian Wood <wo...@ucalgary.ca> on 2007/06/06 22:51:20 UTC

async exceptions display

For a while any exception you got back from an async request would
fade out the page, and then overlay it with the normal tapestry blue
and yellow. The problem was that the transparent overlay was
impossible to read against the background of your web page. The next
problem is that it was impossible to scroll to the top of the error
(the stack trace moves with the scroll). Then after a while we got a
nice orange dojo dialog box in the middle of the page which was quite
useful. But about a week ago or so it changed back to the original
(this is the tap 4.1.2 snapshot timeline I'm describing). I figured
it would probably change again, but it hasn't. Am I the only one who
gets this exception display? Or does everyone go roll their own
straight away? This is FF2, btw.

Julian Wood <wo...@ucalgary.ca>

Software Engineer
Teaching & Learning Centre