Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Myrna van Lunteren <m....@gmail.com> on 2013/12/19 01:13:53 UTC

new page regarding database corruption

Hi,

I composed a wiki page regarding database corruption:
https://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DatabaseCorruption

In the 'salvage' area I basically cut-and-pasted the usage info from Rick's
optional tools, with some very minor additions.

I hope this page will be useful to us and the Derby users.

Please review and modify as appropriate...

Regards,
Myrna

Re: new page regarding database corruption

Posted by "Dag H. Wanvik" <da...@oracle.com>.
On 19. des. 2013 14:07, Rick Hillegas wrote:
> On 12/18/13 4:13 PM, Myrna van Lunteren wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I composed a wiki page regarding database corruption:
>> https://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DatabaseCorruption
>>
>> In the 'salvage' area I basically cut-and-pasted the usage info from
>> Rick's optional tools, with some very minor additions.
>>
>> I hope this page will be useful to us and the Derby users.
>>
>> Please review and modify as appropriate...
>>
>> Regards,
>> Myrna
> Thanks for compiling this page, Myrna. This will be very useful for
> users who encounter data corruptions. And it will save us the time we
> spend giving initial pointers to users who file new data corruption bugs.
+1, thanks!

Dag

Re: new page regarding database corruption

Posted by Rick Hillegas <ri...@oracle.com>.
On 12/18/13 4:13 PM, Myrna van Lunteren wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I composed a wiki page regarding database corruption:
> https://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DatabaseCorruption
>
> In the 'salvage' area I basically cut-and-pasted the usage info from
> Rick's optional tools, with some very minor additions.
>
> I hope this page will be useful to us and the Derby users.
>
> Please review and modify as appropriate...
>
> Regards,
> Myrna
Thanks for compiling this page, Myrna. This will be very useful for
users who encounter data corruptions. And it will save us the time we
spend giving initial pointers to users who file new data corruption bugs.

Thanks!
-Rick

Re: new page regarding database corruption

Posted by Knut Anders Hatlen <kn...@oracle.com>.
Myrna van Lunteren <m....@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I composed a wiki page regarding database corruption:
> https://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DatabaseCorruption
>
> In the 'salvage' area I basically cut-and-pasted the usage info from
> Rick's optional tools, with some very minor additions.
>
> I hope this page will be useful to us and the Derby users.

Thanks for putting this together, Myrna.

--
Knut Anders