Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Slava Bizyayev <sb...@outlook.net> on 2005/04/10 21:32:34 UTC

Web Content Compression FAQ - new update

Hi everyone,

Here a new version of FAQ is attached in pod format. I need someone to
update a website with it. I would additionally ask to add the first
pharagraph of the FAQ directly to
http://perl.apache.org/docs/tutorials/index.html in order to unify the
structure with the other tutorials.

As always, any comments on FAQ itself are very welcome.

Thanks,
Slava

Re: Web Content Compression FAQ - new update

Posted by Slava Bizyayev <sb...@outlook.net>.
H Stas,

On Mon, 2005-04-11 at 11:53, Stas Bekman wrote:
> It's done automatically by using the first paragraph of the
>
>    =head1 Description
>
> section, which exists in you pod files but yours :) I've added a simple:
>
> =head1 Description
>
> Everything you wanted to know about web content compression
>
> Let me know if you want something more elaborate.

Thanks, I will add this to my original for now in order to edit later.

> Also if you with to maintain this and other document on the more frequent
> basis we can give you a commit access, so you won't depend on others.

Yes, it would be helpful and convenient.

> Finally may I suggest to drop that Q/A format and just have the questions
> w/o the leadinig Q.? It will make the Table of contents much easier to
> read and it won't have any impact on the document itself.

Agree. I can clean 'em up tonight and commit tomorrow.

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Slava Bizyayev wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Here a new version of FAQ is attached in pod format.

thanks Slava, committed.