Posted to users@buildr.apache.org by Chris Bozic <cb...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/25 20:32:07 UTC

package(:test_jar) doesn't install or upload

If I have a project utilizing package(:test_jar) and run "buildr install",
the resulting test jar does not get installed to the local repository.
 Also, if I run "buildr upload" in the same project, the test jar does not
get pushed to the release_to repository.

I can work around the "install" issue with something like:

  install.enhance do
    destination = repositories.local + "/" + GROUP.gsub(".", "/") + "/" +
proj.name.gsub(":", "-") + "/" + VERSION_NUMBER + "/"
    mkdir_p destination
    copy_file(testFileName, destination + File.basename(testFileName))
  end

But I don't currently know a workaround for the "upload" issue.  Does
anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Chris

Re: package(:test_jar) doesn't install or upload

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@realityforge.org>.
Hi,

On Sat, Oct 26, 2013 at 12:56 PM, Peter Donald <pe...@realityforge.org> wrote:
> I believe this is actually a bug in the upload/install tasks resulting
> form a package that is defined with a :file parameter. ... I
> will see if we can address the bug before the next release.

Actually it does not look like a bug as such but expected behaviour
enforced by tests. But I must admit it is unintuitive.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald

Re: package(:test_jar) doesn't install or upload

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@realityforge.org>.
Hi,

I believe this is actually a bug in the upload/install tasks resulting
form a package that is defined with a :file parameter. I have heard
about this but never had a chance to investigate. If you use the
workaround in the previous email then this problem will disappear. I

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald