Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Biju N <bi...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/07 14:26:57 UTC

No process listening on advertised.port

Hello There,
   I have the following in my server.properties on a two node kafka test
cluster

….
port=6667
host.name=f-bcpc-vm3.bcpc.example.com
advertised.host.name=f-bcpc-vm3.bcpc.example.com
advertised.port=9092
…

When I bring up Kafka, there is no process listening on port 9092 but Kafka
listening on 6667. As a result the test producer code (bundled with Kafka)
is not able to connect to put messages. Any thoughts on why this is
happening. /etc/hosts file has the entries for host name and I am using
kafka 8.1. Any input on this is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Biju

Re: No process listening on advertised.port

Posted by Biju N <bi...@gmail.com>.
KAFKA-1092 (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-1092) provided the
answer to the query. Thanks all.

Posted by Biju N <bi...@gmail.com>.