Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Thufir <ha...@gmail.com> on 2020/05/17 07:19:50 UTC

set sources for a project to jdk 14

running NB 11.5 I have 11 as default and 14 available through Java
Platforms; jdk 14 was installed via sdkman.

However, when I go to the project:

https://askubuntu.com/q/1240504/45156

only jdk 11 is available when selecting the project and then "sources"
-- so how do I set the sources to 14?

thanks,

Thufir

Re: set sources for a project to jdk 14

Posted by HRH <hr...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
 FYI. I use Netbeans 11.3 with JDK 14I had downloaded JDK 14 first, then Netbeans 11.3. Once NB 11.3 installed, it configured to JDK 14.

    On Sunday, May 17, 2020, 12:06:10 PM GMT+4:30, John Mc <mc...@gmail.com> wrote:

 Hi,

There is no Apache NetBeans 11.3, I suspect thats a typo?

Also Apache NetBeans 11.3 doesn't support Java 14 sources, Java 14 only was released in March, and 11.3 was released before that.  I suspect this will be possible in the upcoming LTS release, Apache NetBeans 12.0.

If you want you can try using the latest development versions of NetBeans: https://netbeans.apache.org/download/dev/index.html which might allow you to set Java 14 sources?

Regards

John

Posted by Thufir <ha...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

pardon, yes, Netbeans 11.3, the other was a typo.

I downloaded NB daily build, so that in "compile" for a projects
properties it shows JDK 14.  but, it still shows 11 in "sources" even
though I'm using jdk 14 per:

thufir@dur:~$
thufir@dur:~$ java -version
openjdk version "14.0.1" 2020-04-14
OpenJDK Runtime Environment AdoptOpenJDK (build 14.0.1+7)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM AdoptOpenJDK (build 14.0.1+7, mixed mode, sharing)
thufir@dur:~$
thufir@dur:~$ javac -version
javac 14.0.1
thufir@dur:~$
thufir@dur:~$ which java
/home/thufir/.sdkman/candidates/java/current/bin/java
thufir@dur:~$

so I'm just wondering how to tell NB to use jdk 14 for the "sources"
under the project properties.  There's no drop down or editable box,
it's just "11" for some reason.

thanks,

Thufir

Posted by John Mc <mc...@gmail.com>.