Posted to alexandria-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org> on 2002/10/06 14:04:43 UTC

Dump turbine from profile?

Hi,

Gump for a chunk of turbine projects does not work, hasn't for a while and
probably wont any time in near future. What do you think of dumping them and
their users (jetspeed and scarab) from gumps profile?

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald
"The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." -- Maugham

Re: Dump turbine from profile?

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 7 Oct 2002, Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org> wrote:

> Also I don't suppose you know any way to match pre-req missing
> messages using nags?

nag.pl restricts itself to the stuff between the <XMP> tags in the
generated output, while the "Missing prereqs" messages end up being
outside of that block due to the way build.sh works.

Patching the stylesheet that creates build.sh so that those messages
will appear inside the XMP block should be possible.

Stefan

Re: Dump turbine from profile?

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 7 Oct 2002 18:39, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> Matching on '"jakarta-turbine-stratum" not found' in the project
> descriptor for gump should work
>
> I'm not sure whether the workspaces in Gump's CVS are the ones being
> used for the cron'ed builds.  I think Sam would have to do that for
> those.

That would be kool. Sam, where is your profile? If not in CVS can you chuck it
in CVS?

Also I don't suppose you know any way to match pre-req missing messages using
nags? I would love to be able to add some of those onto a few projects ;)

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald

Re: Dump turbine from profile?

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 7 Oct 2002, Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Oct 2002 17:56, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

>> Are those causing any real problems?
>
> It makes it too easy to miss real problems.

True.

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 7 Oct 2002 17:56, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On Sun, 6 Oct 2002, Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org> wrote:
> > Gump for a chunk of turbine projects does not work, hasn't for a
> > while and probably wont any time in near future.
>
> You mean the problem that only exists because stratum no longer calls
> itself jakarta-turbine-stratum?  I think the turbine folks know about
> it, yes.

I don't know what the exact problem is but there is oodles of projects dropped
that relate to misnamings in the gump descriptors.

> > What do you think of dumping them and their users (jetspeed and
> > scarab) from gumps profile?
>
> Are those causing any real problems?

It makes it too easy to miss real problems. I want to be able to cleanly
rebuild the workspace. If an error occurs it should be an error and not just
something that we expect to fail.

> If not I'd simply keep them,
> maybe they'll get functional again some day.

And pigs may evolve wings ;) How long has it been since turbine actually
worked with gump? We can leave them there but commented out from profile and
they will still be as accessibly as they are now but less annoying ;)

> Do you think adding nags to Sam's profile (which defines a gump
> project) would help?

That would be kool! How do we do that? I may have to add similar entries in
for all the Avalon projects ;)

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald

Re: Dump turbine from profile?

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Sun, 6 Oct 2002, Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org> wrote:

> Gump for a chunk of turbine projects does not work, hasn't for a
> while and probably wont any time in near future.

You mean the problem that only exists because stratum no longer calls
itself jakarta-turbine-stratum?  I think the turbine folks know about
it, yes.

> What do you think of dumping them and their users (jetspeed and
> scarab) from gumps profile?

Are those causing any real problems?  If not I'd simply keep them,