Posted to user@ode.apache.org by vikas cv <vi...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/16 10:41:32 UTC

Ode sample - Calling secure web service as partner link?

Hi,

 I need to invoke a secure Web Service from my BPEL process to be deployed
on Ode 1.1. Is there any sample which shows how it is done?
I'm looking for setting the Username and Password fields as part of the SOAP
header to the Partner Link call from my BPEL.

Thanks & regards
Vikas

Re: Ode sample - Calling secure web service as partner link?

Posted by Rich Taylor <bh...@gmail.com>.
Have been on vacation or else I would have replied earlier.

How is the Web Service secured that you would like to call?

I have been looking for the same thing and there have been a few discussions
about it on the list recently.   You might be able to find a more detailed
answer in those discussions.   Here is one such discussion
http://www.nabble.com/WS-Security-tf4530282.html

But the short answer is (my understanding at least) that currently there is
only experimental support for calling a Web Service that is secured via HTTP
Basic Authentication.   There is not yet support for WS-Security and the
related specs.

If you're looking to get credentials into the header of an outgoing soap
message, one thing to look at is WS-Addressing.  Once there is full support
for WS-Addressing is ODE, that will be an additional option for getting
things into the header, via Reference Parameters.

One common theme that came up as a work around was to write an unsecure
proxy service that then could properly authenticate against the secured web
service.

Cheers,
Rich