Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Nanduri, Amarnath" <Am...@Agilquest.com> on 2001/02/21 17:02:53 UTC

taglib error when running struts1.0 on weblogic 5.1

Hi all,

   I created a sample application of my own. I am getting a taglib error
when trying to access a jsp page ? Any suggestions will be appreciated.

The steps i went though are..
. I created a jar file and re-named it as a war file . I followed the same
structure as the example application given with struts 1.0

. I was able to run the example application without any problem. The problem
comes when i try to run my application. Below is the exception i get... Any
help is very much appreciated. Thanks.

cheers,
Amar..

Wed Feb 21 10:50:00 EST 2001:<I> <WebAppServletContext-demo> resolving
taglib ur
i '/WEB-INF/struts-bean.tld' to taglib-location /WEB-INF/struts-bean.tld:
Wed Feb 21 10:50:00 EST 2001:<I> <WebAppServletContext-demo> looking for
taglib
uri /WEB-INF/struts-bean.tld as resource /WEB-INF/WEB-INF/struts-bean.tld in
Web
 Application root:
Wed Feb 21 10:50:00 EST 2001:<I> <WebAppServletContext-demo> looking for
taglib
uri /WEB-INF/struts-bean.tld as resource /WEB-INF/struts-bean.tld in Web
Applica
tion root:
java.io.IOException: cannot resolve '/WEB-INF/struts-bean.tld' into a valid
tag
library
        at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspLexer.loadTagLib(JspLexer.java:94)
        at
weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspLexer.mTAGLIB_DIRECTIVE_BODY(JspLexer.java, C
ompiled Code)
        at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspLexer.mTAGLIB_DIRECTIVE(JspLexer.java,
Compil
ed Code)
        at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspLexer.mDIRECTIVE(JspLexer.java, Compiled
Code
)
        at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspLexer.mSTANDARD_THING(JspLexer.java:1760)
        at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspLexer.mTOKEN(JspLexer.java:1601)
        at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspLexer.nextToken(JspLexer.java, Compiled
Code)

        at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspLexer.parse(JspLexer.java, Compiled Code)
        at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspParser.doit(JspParser.java, Compiled
Code)
        at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspParser.parse(JspParser.java:116)
        at weblogic.servlet.jsp.Jsp2Java.outputs(Jsp2Java.java:97)
        at
weblogic.utils.compiler.CodeGenerator.generate(CodeGenerator.java, Co
mpiled Code)
        at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspStub.compilePage(JspStub.java, Compiled
Code)

        at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspStub.prepareServlet(JspStub.java:217)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.getServlet(ServletStubImpl.
java:164)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubIm
pl.java:101)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubIm
pl.java:124)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextImpl.invokeServlet(ServletCon
textImpl.java:907)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextImpl.invokeServlet(ServletCon
textImpl.java:851)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextManager.invokeServlet(Servlet
ContextManager.java:252)
        at
weblogic.socket.MuxableSocketHTTP.invokeServlet(MuxableSocketHTTP.jav
a:364)
        at
weblogic.socket.MuxableSocketHTTP.execute(MuxableSocketHTTP.java:252)

        at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java, Compiled
Code)
Wed Feb 21 10:50:00 EST 2001:<E> <WebAppServletContext-demo> Root cause of
Servl
etException
weblogic.utils.ParsingException: nested IOException: java.io.IOException: