Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> on 2020/04/29 18:55:40 UTC

CI configuration

Hi,

I've been looking at the CI failures. It is apparent from some of the
cluster tests that the tests are impacting each other although I found
no hard evidence of harm.

However, that got me thinking about threads. We currently run buildbot
tests with 16 tests executing in parallel as the machine as 16 cores.
However:
- we often have 2 CI builds in parallel
- many of the tests use multiple threads

I have therefore reduce the number of concurrent tests from 16 to 6.
I'll monitor the impact on run time and stability.

Mark