Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by "Sajit Kumar (RBIN/DCA-IAG)" <Sa...@in.bosch.com> on 2001/03/22 04:19:44 UTC

Please help me out

Hi All,

	This is the third I am posting my problem please help me out. I have
a class with a string as a member variable and 3 methods get, set, toString
Class Test
{
	public String str;

	public Test()
	{}
	public String get()
	{
		return str;
	}
	public set(String s)
	{
		str = s;
	}

	public String toString()
	{
		return str;
	}
}

now How do I provide the type mapping. Is the following entry enough in the
DeploymentDescriptor.xml
<isd:map encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"
             xmlns:x="urn:xml-soap-myclass-demo" qname="x:Test"
             javaType="samples.myclass.Test"

java2XMLClassName="org.apache.soap.encoding.soapenc.BeanSerializer"

xml2JavaClassName="org.apache.soap.encoding.soapenc.BeanSerializer"/>

What is that urn for is it just a dummy sort of thing. I tried this but it
doesn't serialize the object it only sends null as well as returns me a null
. please help me. I desperately need some suggestions. Any suggestions would
be of great help. Thanks in advance.

Regards
Sajit

Re: Please help me out

Posted by chan <kc...@hknet.com>.
sajit,

try the following function names instead:
getStr and setStr
sample codes are also attached

kenny