Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by mac fang <ma...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/16 15:36:50 UTC

One question about HBase Client

Hi, guys,

one question want to get the awnser: i read the HBase Client code, seems the
logic to get a table:

1. Get -ROOT- RegionLoc from Zk,
2. Get .META. RegionLoc from -ROOT- Table.
3. Get Table RegionLoc from .META. Table.

So seems the -ROOT- is NOT necessary, we can put the .META. location
directly into -ROOT-, is it true? Thanks for any replies.

regards
macf

Re: One question about HBase Client

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
Thanks for the input.  You might want to add your thinking to
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-3171.  Thats one of the
issues where there is talk of moving away from the BT way of doing
-ROOT- and .META.

St.Ack

Posted by mac fang <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.