Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by "Dotan N." <di...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/17 15:17:01 UTC

building a new email-like inbox service with cassandra

Hi all,
New to cassandra, i'm about to embrak on building a scalable user inbox
service on top of cassandra.
I've done the preliminary googling and got some more info on bluerunner
(IBM's project on the subject),
and now looking for more information in this specific topic.

If anyone can point me to researches/articles that would nudge me in the
right direction i'd be tremendously thankful!

Thanks!

--
Dotan, @jondot <http://twitter.com/jondot>

Re: building a new email-like inbox service with cassandra

Posted by "Dotan N." <di...@gmail.com>.
I'm sorry if I misrepresented the domain. it is not inbox search, but
implementation of inbox. that is: write messages for users, get messages
for a user, get unread messages for a user, mark messages as read for a
user.
basically this is it.
although (and due to) the use cases are simple we're aiming at cassandra
due to the large amount of users we expect.

Posted by Edward Capriolo <ed...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Dotan N." <di...@gmail.com>.
Yep, i've been looking at it almost as you were pushing it :)
I'll keep looking, thanks!!

Posted by Rustam Aliyev <ru...@code.az>.
Hi,

Posted by "Dotan N." <di...@gmail.com>.
Thanks!!

Posted by Rustam Aliyev <ru...@code.az>.

Posted by "Andrey V. Panov" <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@googlemail.com>.
I would be very interested in this. I wrote a prototype for JAMES which
uses cassandra to store emails and provide them via IMAP and POP3 so it
would be nice to see your impl.

thanks
norman

Posted by Rustam Aliyev <ru...@code.az>.