Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Michael Mattox <mi...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/29 18:23:35 UTC

404 Unable to find requested resource when requesting WSDL

Help!

I set up an http consumer & provider to pass through to an external
webservice running under tomcat.  I cannot for the life of me get it
to work.  Searching the mailing list shows the same error reported by
other people but I do not find any solutions posted.  I'm using
3.1.1-incubating.

xbean.xml:

<http:endpoint service="test:MyProviderService"
               endpoint="myProvider"
               role="provider"
               soapVersion="1.1"
               soap="true"
               locationURI="http://0.0.0.0:8080/test-business-service/services/BookService"
               />

<http:endpoint service="test:MyConsumerService"
               endpoint="myConsumer"
               targetService="test:MyProviderService"
               role="consumer"
               locationURI="http://0.0.0.0:8192/BookService/"
               defaultMep="http://www.w3.org/2004/08/wsdl/in-out"
               soapVersion="1.1"
               soap="true"
               />

web page result (http://ics030126:8192/BookService/?wsdl):

HTTP ERROR: 404

Unable to find requested resource

RequestURI=/BookService/main.wsdl

Powered by Jetty://

in the servicemix log:

18:21:50,858 | DEBUG | btpool0-0 - Acceptor0 SelectChannelConnector @
0.0.0.0:8192 | JettyContextManager      |
ntextManager$ThreadPoolWrapper  441 | Dispatching job:
HEP@2923429[d=true,io=0,w=true,b=0|0]
18:21:50,858 | DEBUG | btpool0-2  | ConsumerProcessor        |
p.processors.ConsumerProcessor  120 | Receiving HTTP request: GET
/BookService/?wsdl HTTP/1.1
Host: ics030126:8192
Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate
Keep-Alive: 300
Connection: keep-alive

18:21:50,967 | DEBUG | btpool0-0 - Acceptor0 SelectChannelConnector @
0.0.0.0:8192 | JettyContextManager      |
ntextManager$ThreadPoolWrapper  441 | Dispatching job:
HEP@2923429[d=true,io=1,w=true,b=0|0]
18:21:50,967 | DEBUG | btpool0-2  | ConsumerProcessor        |
p.processors.ConsumerProcessor  120 | Receiving HTTP request: GET
/BookService/main.wsdl HTTP/1.1
Host: ics030126:8192
Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate
Keep-Alive: 300
Connection: keep-alive

18:21:50,967 | DEBUG | btpool0-2  | HttpComponent            |
e.servicemix.soap.SoapEndpoint  276 | Retrieving proxied endpoint
definition
18:21:50,967 | DEBUG | btpool0-2  | HttpComponent            |
icemix.common.DefaultComponent   79 | Querying service description for
ServiceEndpoint[service={http://servicemix.apache.org/service}MyProviderService,endpoint=myProvider]
18:21:50,967 | DEBUG | btpool0-2  | HttpComponent            |
icemix.common.DefaultComponent   87 | No description found for
{http://servicemix.apache.org/service}MyProviderService:myProvider

I'm completely blocked by this, quite embarrassingly so in front of my
client!  If anyone can tell me how to get past this I'd be very
grateful.  I'm trying to build a proof of concept for a new project.

Thanks,
Michael

Re: 404 Unable to find requested resource when requesting WSDL

Posted by Michael Mattox <mi...@gmail.com>.
> Though the jbi.xml descriptor in the standard doesn't seem to inhibit
> several endpoints in one service unit, your setup with establishing 2
> endpoints in one xbean seems a bit inusual.

Why is that so?  I thought it would be unusual to create a new SU for
each endpoint.

What is really strange is my coworker put together a demo that does
something similar but with some BPEL inside and it worked for him
several months ago (3.1-SNAPSHOT).  And he can't figure out why mine
isn't working, especially since I used his project as an example.

> Have you tried to establish the same thing with 2 different service
> units?

I create a new SU and then put the consumer in one and the provider in
the other.  I think this is when I got a 302 when I called my web
service with SOAP-UI but I don't remember for sure.  I can live
without the WSDL but I need the SOAP call to work.

I then deleted my entire project and started again from scratch.  I
got the same result.

> Have you tried to name the endpoints differently, but let the target
> endpoint of the consumer unit point to the endpoint of the provider?

I don't understand this, that's what I had.

Re: 404 Unable to find requested resource when requesting WSDL

Posted by Michael Mattox <mi...@gmail.com>.
FINALLY!  It works!  Thank you & everyone else for all the help, I
really appreciate it.

Posted by Bummer <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Michael Mattox <mi...@gmail.com>.
Ok, I finally got my WSDL to show up!  I'm not sure what changed
exactly but I thought maybe it was my web service so I created an
EchoService with a singe echo method.

Only thing is when I call the service I get a parsing error:

Caused by: javax.xml.stream.XMLStreamException: ParseError at [row,col]:[1,39]
Message: expected start or end tag
        at org.apache.servicemix.jbi.jaxp.ExtendedXMLStreamReader.nextTag(Extend
edXMLStreamReader.java:54)
        at org.apache.servicemix.soap.marshalers.SoapReader.readSoapUsingStax(So
apReader.java:164)
        at org.apache.servicemix.soap.marshalers.SoapReader.read(SoapReader.java
:89)
        at org.apache.servicemix.soap.marshalers.SoapReader.read(SoapReader.java
:76)
        at org.apache.servicemix.http.processors.ProviderProcessor.process(Provi
derProcessor.java:174)
        at org.apache.servicemix.common.AsyncBaseLifeCycle.doProcess(AsyncBaseLi
feCycle.java:489)
        at org.apache.servicemix.common.AsyncBaseLifeCycle.processExchange(Async
BaseLifeCycle.java:441)
        at org.apache.servicemix.common.BaseLifeCycle.onMessageExchange(BaseLife
Cycle.java:46)
        at org.apache.servicemix.jbi.messaging.DeliveryChannelImpl.processInBoun
d(DeliveryChannelImpl.java:595)
        at org.apache.servicemix.jbi.nmr.flow.AbstractFlow.doRouting(AbstractFlo
w.java:174)
        at org.apache.servicemix.jbi.nmr.flow.seda.SedaFlow.doRouting(SedaFlow.j
ava:176)
        at org.apache.servicemix.jbi.nmr.flow.seda.SedaQueue$1.run(SedaQueue.jav
a:134)
        at edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Wor
ker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:665)
        at edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Wor
ker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:690)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong again or if this is a bug.  Any ideas?

Thanks to everyone for the help.  I think I'm almost there!

RE: 404 Unable to find requested resource when requesting WSDL

Posted by "Rossmanith, Philipp" <ph...@t-systems.es>.
Though the jbi.xml descriptor in the standard doesn't seem to inhibit
several endpoints in one service unit, your setup with establishing 2
endpoints in one xbean seems a bit inusual.

Have you tried to establish the same thing with 2 different service
units?

Have you tried to name the endpoints differently, but let the target
endpoint of the consumer unit point to the endpoint of the provider?
> > > <http:endpoint ...
> > >                endpoint="BookServiceHttpPort"
> > > <http:endpoint ...
> > >                endpoint="bookServiceConsumerEndpoint"
> > >                targetEndpoint="BookServiceHttpPort"

Ciao,
Philipp

This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information. Any unauthorised
copying, use or distribution of this information is strictly prohibited.

Re: 404 Unable to find requested resource when requesting WSDL

Posted by Michael Mattox <mi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Rossmanith, Philipp" <ph...@t-systems.es>.
Well, you're still using different endpoint names.

> <http:endpoint ...
>                endpoint="BookServiceHttpPort"
> <http:endpoint ...
>                endpoint="bookServiceConsumerEndpoint"
>                targetEndpoint="bookServiceProviderEndpoint"

I don't have code for your particular example, but take a look at this:

Consumer:

<http:endpoint service="tsys:SensorDataService"
                 endpoint="SensorDataServiceSOAPPort"
                 role="consumer"
.../>
<<
Provider:

<jsr181:endpoint
		endpoint="SensorDataServiceSOAPPort"
.../>
<<

In MC4J, this gives me *one* endpoint with a name {http___...}SensorDataServiceSensorDataServiceSOAPPort with 2 sub types, internal and external.

Hope this helps,
Ciao,
Philipp

Posted by Michael Mattox <mi...@gmail.com>.
Changed it to:

<http:endpoint service="test:BookService"
               endpoint="BookServiceHttpPort"
               role="provider"
               soapVersion="1.1"
               soap="true"
               locationURI="http://127.0.0.1:8080/test-business-service/services/BookService"
               />

Posted by "Rossmanith, Philipp" <ph...@t-systems.es>.

Posted by Michael Mattox <mi...@gmail.com>.
Philipp,

Posted by Michael Mattox <mi...@gmail.com>.
> Have you tried making the Web service accessible via ServiceMix without establishing a consumer endpoint for it?
>
> If so, was it visible via JMX?

I'm not sure how useful this is, I commented out the consumer
definition in the xbean.xml, in jconsole I see the endpoint but there
is no selector running and therefore no connection possible on port
8192.

Before commenting out the consumer, both endpoints were present in JMX.

I'm not sure why but in tree panel, the name has {http____xfire...
I'm not sure why the ____, it should be {http://xfire...   i'm
wondering if this is why servicemix can't find the provider.  it's
being registered with a different name.  Some kind of substitution on
the ://

RE: 404 Unable to find requested resource when requesting WSDL

Posted by "Rossmanith, Philipp" <ph...@t-systems.es>.
Hi Michael,

Posted by Michael Mattox <mi...@gmail.com>.

ServiceEndpoint[service={http://xfire.codehaus.org}BookService,endpoint=bookServiceProviderEndpoint]

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@skynet.be>.
Michael,

Posted by Michael Mattox <mi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Rossmanith, Philipp" <ph...@t-systems.es>.
Hi Michael,

I haven't tried your particular setup yet, but from my experience both the service and the endpoint names need to match between a consumer and a provider.
>                endpoint="providerBookService"
>                endpoint="consumerBookService"

Hope that helps.

Ciao,
Philipp

Orchestration using jsr-181 - Not able to understand fully

Posted by mr...@wipro.com.

Hello,

I am trying to work out the example given in
http://incubator.apache.org/servicemix/orchestration-with-jsr181.html
for the programmatic orchestration with the jsr-181.

However - what I am not understanding is how the orchestration logic
will work for a real-time invocation. (For testing purposes - it looks
like they are using a hard coded response.xml for the zip and a new Date
for getting time). I am not seeing actual invocation of the web
services.

Can someone give me the entire code snippet how it would work in real
time invocation? Or I am in the wrong direction ?

Regards,
Mrudula

www.wipro.com

Re: 404 Unable to find requested resource when requesting WSDL

Posted by Michael Mattox <mi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Michael Mattox <mi...@gmail.com>.
> I tried with SOAP-UI and sent soap request to my
> http-consumer(http://localhost:8192/HttpService)
> and it worked.. It gave me the corrent soap response.

I just installed SOAP-UI and using the servicemix endpoint does not
work for me.  I don't get any errors, and this is the only thing I see
in the log:

11:30:55,698 | DEBUG | btpool0-0 - Acceptor0 SelectChannelConnector @
0.0.0.0:8192 | JettyContextManager      |
ntextManager$ThreadPoolWrapper  441 | Dispatching job:
HEP@1745182[d=true,io=0,w=true,b=0|0]

I'm totally stuck.  I have no choice but to try either Petals or Mule
for my client demo (I'm way past due).

I created a JIRA issue:

https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/SM-961

Posted by Bummer <sa...@gmail.com>.
I am having the same(?) problem.

0) I have a external webservice (w/ tomcat+axis2).
    <wsdl:definitions
targetNamespace="http://axis2.demo.shanframework.org"....>
    <wsdl:service name="StockQuoteService">

1) In http-consumer/provider setting

  <beans xmlns:http="http://servicemix.apache.org/http/1.0"
              xmlns:axis2="http://axis2.demo.shanframework.org"

xmlns:jsr181test="http://servicemix.apache.org/samples/jsr181test">

  <http:endpoint
         service="axis2:StockQuoteService"
         endpoint="callerendpoint"
         role="provider"

locationURI="http://localhost:8080/axis2/services/StockQuoteService"

wsdlResource="http://localhost:8080/axis2/services/StockQuoteService?wsdl"
         soapVersion="1.1"
         soap="true"
     />

   <http:endpoint service="jsr181test:HttpService"
        endpoint="HttpService"
        targetService="axis2:StockQuoteService"
        targetEndpoint="callerendpoint"
        role="consumer"
        locationURI="http://0.0.0.0:8192/HttpService/"
        defaultMep="http://www.w3.org/2004/08/wsdl/in-out"
        soapVersion="1.1"
        soap="true"
    />
</beans>

I tried with SOAP-UI and sent soap request to my
http-consumer(http://localhost:8192/HttpService)
and it worked.. It gave me the corrent soap response.

But I still get wsdl in either JMX console or Web browser. In web browser, I
tried the consumer-http
address which is "http://localhost:8192/HttpService/?wsdl and I didn't get
the wsdl.
In JMX,  at the "MBeans->org.apache.servicemix->ServiceMix->Endpoint" node I
could see
the http-provider
({http___axis2.demo.shanframework.org}StockQuoteServicecallerendpoint) and
in that opertions, I clicked the "loadWSDL" and didn't gave me the WSDL.

Posted by Benamin <be...@bisonline.com>.

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@skynet.be>.
L.S.,

Posted by Benamin <be...@bisonline.com>.