Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by psdc1978 <ps...@gmail.com> on 2010/05/18 19:01:22 UTC

Trying to relate a split file to a input file

Hi,

I'm study the MapReduce code, and I've the following questions:

1 - I'm running the wordcount example. I've 3 txt files as input. Each txt
file is about 120Mb.

During the execution of the map tasks, a number of map tasks will read the
txt files. Each file is divided in split files. I would like to know to each
txt file corresponds a split.
For example, for the A.txt file, it will be created 2 splits (split0 and
split1) of 64Mb each. I would like to know that split0 and split1 belongs to
A.txt.
Is it possible? If I've to do some code, is there any object that contains
this data?

2 -
The Job task uses a job.split file. What contains this file and what is the
purpose of this file?

PSC

Re: Trying to relate a split file to a input file

Posted by psdc1978 <ps...@gmail.com>.
I don't think that the workcount example uses FileSplit class. Only the
MultithreadedMapper class uses FileSplit and I can't find an example where
it's invoked.

Where is the setup() method?

--
Pedro

Re: Trying to relate a split file to a input file

Posted by "Wilkes, Chris" <cw...@gmail.com>.