Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Chris Chiappone <ch...@gmail.com> on 2005/08/22 19:09:46 UTC

Ajax autocomplete

Does anyone have or know of a good autocomplete input field component
for tapestry?  One that is similiar to google suggest?  I noticed
there was a beta one in tassel but you have to patch the original
tapestry to get it to work, which currently I don't feel like doing.
Thanks.

--
~chris

Re: Ajax autocomplete

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
It's not really ready for mass consumption yet, but you may prefer to
use the latest possible tacos repository from cvs, prototype-ajax
branch. This portion has been completely integrated with
prototype/script.aculo.us/rico and offers the most complete support
for ajax that we have.

I actually planned on building an autocompleter field as my "next"
component addition, but have a lot of qa work to finish up first
before anything like that gets done. I was planning on using the
script.aculo.us auto_completer scripts to do the task.

jesse

Re: Ajax autocomplete

Posted by Paul Cantrell <ca...@pobox.com>.

Re: Ajax autocomplete

Posted by zhang George <rw...@gmail.com>.
Didier,can your autocomplete Ajax components use with other
charset?can you tell me where can download,or send me a copy,i wish to
try it.

Re: Tacos components or Tassel or some where else?

Posted by Chris Chiappone <ch...@gmail.com>.
You can write one using xtile for 3.0 and just create the javascript on your
own.

--
~chris

Re: Tacos components or Tassel or some where else?

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Hugo Palma <hu...@gmail.com>.
Tacos auto-completer does that, i'm not sure there's a T3.x version though.
http://tacos.sourceforge.net/components/Autocompleter.html

RE: Ajax autocomplete

Posted by Mark Stang <ms...@pingidentity.com>.
Does anyone have the 3.0.3 version of an autocompleter?

thanks,

Mark

I developped the liveTextField component you found in Tassel. Recently, another guy (Julien Ruaux) did a complete refactoring of the javascript part and add feature, so now the component is really nice and works perfectly (I have not find a bug yet :-)). We plan to integrate it in the Tacos CVS repository.
I can send you the new release of this component if you want (+ patched "Tapestry 3.0.3" jar).
Best regards.

  Didier

Re: Ajax autocomplete