Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Martin Neumann <mn...@sics.se> on 2016/01/20 13:48:08 UTC

maven dependency problem when building stream job

Hi,

I have a weird problem. Yesterday I had to clean my local maven cache for a
different application.
Since afterwards one of my Flink streaming jobs does not compile anymore. I
didn't change any code just made maven pull all dependencies again.

I'm totally stomped by this, please help me!

Here is the error I get from maven:

[WARNING] Rule 0: org.apache.maven.plugins.enforcer.RequireUpperBoundDeps
failed with message:
Failed while enforcing RequireUpperBoundDeps. The error(s) are [
Require upper bound dependencies error for io.netty:netty:3.7.0.Final paths
to dependency are:
+-com.spotify:logproc-flink:0.0.0-SNAPSHOT
  +-org.apache.flink:flink-java:0.10.1
    +-org.apache.flink:flink-shaded-hadoop2:0.10.1
      +-org.apache.zookeeper:zookeeper:3.4.6
        +-io.netty:netty:3.7.0.Final
and
+-com.spotify:logproc-flink:0.0.0-SNAPSHOT
  +-org.apache.flink:flink-streaming-java:0.10.1
    +-org.apache.flink:flink-runtime:0.10.1
      +-com.typesafe.akka:akka-remote_2.10:2.3.7
        +-io.netty:netty:3.8.0.Final
]
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-enforcer-plugin:1.4.1:enforce (enforce) on
project logproc-flink: Some Enforcer rules have failed. Look above for
specific messages explaining why the rule failed. -> [Help 1]

Re: maven dependency problem when building stream job

Posted by Stephan Ewen <se...@apache.org>.
Hi Martin!

It looks like your project added a rule to not allow a higher netty.io
version. Any specific reason that the rule was added? Would be good to
understand that, because the rule stands in conflict with Flink's
dependencies.

Flink internally has multiple uses of netty: Akka remote, Flink network
stack, ZooKeeper. It has had those dependencies for quite a while, so I
guess it was not a recent change in Flink, but probably a change in
the "logproc-flink"
pom.xml file.

Stephan

Posted by Martin Neumann <mn...@sics.se>.