Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Mark Eggers <it...@yahoo.com> on 2002/11/05 07:12:38 UTC

Latest Cocoon 2.1-dev scratchpad appears to depend on j2sdk 1.4.x

While trying to compile the lastest CVS version of
cocoon, I ran into an issue with the scratchpad
libraries:

In part, from the file DelayedFileOutputStream.java:

public void setFileOutputStream(File file, boolean
append) throws FileNotFoundException {
        if (fos == null) {
            fos = new FileOutputStream(file, append);

The form of FileOutputStream constructor used is new
in 1.4.  This will no longer compile in 1.3.x.

/mde/

just my two cents . . . .

HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now
http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/

Re: Latest Cocoon 2.1-dev scratchpad appears to depend on j2sdk 1.4.x

Posted by Mark Eggers <it...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks,

I need to sit down and read the Java API (again).

Posted by Lajos Moczar <lm...@galatea.com>.
I just changed the relevant line to:

fos = new FileOutputStream(file.getCanonicalPath(), append);

Regards,

Lajos

Mark Eggers wrote:
> While trying to compile the lastest CVS version of
> cocoon, I ran into an issue with the scratchpad
> libraries:
>
> In part, from the file DelayedFileOutputStream.java:
>
> public void setFileOutputStream(File file, boolean
> append) throws FileNotFoundException {
>         if (fos == null) {
>             fos = new FileOutputStream(file, append);
>
> The form of FileOutputStream constructor used is new
> in 1.4.  This will no longer compile in 1.3.x.
>
> /mde/
>
> just my two cents . . . .

> HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now
> http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/